Casey Greene – Teaching
Tuition available in:
Saxophone, Clarinet, Flute & Piano
Examination preparation with ABRSM, Trinity, LCM
Jazz Improvisation – any instrument
Jazz Theory, Harmony and Arranging
Casey is currently teaching in Shrewsbury and also Nottingham Trent University. www.ntu.ac.uk
He is available for private lessons on Saxophone – Baritone, Tenor, Alto & Soprano. Flute and piccolo. Clarinet and Bass Clarinet. Taking all grades from complete beginner to grade 8, in Jazz or Classical. He can also teach Jazz Improvisation and harmony for those learning any instrument.
Casey does not just help his students achieve their musical goals but makes the journey enjoyable, exciting and inspiring.
His teaching encompasses;
- Tone, technique, articulation, breath control, tuning
- Reading Music
- Playing by ear
- Understanding of chords and harmony
- Understanding different styles and genres
- Confidence building
- Performance skills
- Setting and achieving goals
- Organising practice schedule
- Listening skills and music appreciation
Monday Night Jazz Band Workshops in Shrewsbury
“Hoot” – 12 piece instrumental Jazz band
Casey Greene is the musical director for a Jazz Band Workshop based in Shrewsbury. The workshop has been up and running for 2 years and runs every Monday night during school term times. The band consists of between 10 and 15 adult players. All of varying levels, and includes piano, bass, drums, guitar, saxophones, trumpet, trombones, flute and clarinet.
The purpose of the workshop is to build confidence, work on musicality, find and develop each players strong points and work on their weaker points, giving them the skills and confidence to perform not only to play alongside other musicians but to perform live.
The Band have named themselves “Hoot” and have to date played live at several festivals, fetes and charity events.
The fee for the Workshop is £10 per session and places are limited
There are also Weekend Workshops twice a year. These are held at a scenic location in Wales and run from 10am until 5pm each day culminating in a concert at a local venue on the final evening.
Casey’s teaching experience encompasses the following places:
- Private teaching since 1980
- Loreto Convent – KIRRIBILLI (AUSTRALIA) – 1985 to 1991
- Ravenswood Girls High School – LINFIELD (AUSTRALIA) – 1997 to 1999
- St. Ignatious College – LANE COVE (AUSTRALIA) – 1999 to 2002
- Our Lady of the Sacred Heart – KINGSFORD (AUSTRALIA) – 2002 to 2004
- Penrith Conservatorium of Music – CUMBRIA (UK) – 2002 to 2004
- Shrewsbury School – SHROPSHIRE (UK) – 2004 to 2006
- Shrewsbury High School – SHROPSHIRE (UK) – 2004 to present
- Prestfelde School – SHROPSHIRE (UK) – 2004 to present
- Bedstone College – SHROPSHIRE (UK) – 2007 to present
- Llanfair Caereinion High School – POWIS (UK) – 2007 to present